1. They’re… Cameras. I used to be this stupid guy, who thought a new camera would give me better photos; until one day, the Photo God hit me upside the head with an Argus C3.
2. They have no brain. They are just as dumb as bricks. It broke my heart—after it broke my savings account—the day I realized that Leica or not Leica, they couldn’t do the thinking for me.
3. They’re not photographers. They are instruments. One might look fancier than another but they didn’t do anything fancier than waiting for me to click the shutters.
4. All cameras are just… Well, cameras. A 9,000 dollars M 240 might look and smell nicer than a 500 dollars MX-1 but if I spent 8,500 dollars on photography classes, my photos wouldn’t be just expensive snapshots.
5. They can’t see. I can. Choose my angles, arrange my subjects, select my focal length to create what my mind’s eye sees mean that I have a well-educated-camera. This made me proud.